Re: OpenOffice on Ultra 5

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 05:16, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Thursday 12 June 2003 11:15, MD wrote:
> > I'm running Debian testing on Ultra Sparc 5.
> > Is there a chance to see soon openoffice deb packages for sparc?
>
> Can't you download the source packages and dkpg-buildpackage -rfakeroot them?

I doubt it will build.  There was a port of openoffice.org 1.0.3 to
Sparc/linux floating around that a guy know as "The Shrink" did for
Aurora.  I made a patch from his source and posted it to the Aurora
Sparc list.  Here is a link to it:

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/tomduffy/openoffice-sparc.diff.bz2

Once applying this patch, you should be able to build 1.0.3.

-tduffy

--
Thomas Duffy <Thomas.Duffy.99@alumni.brown.edu>