Re: Debian 3.0 on Netra X1, installs but won't run

I've done more exploration.

Someone suggested that the problem is that the CDROM is an IDE master.
When I change the CDROM to a slave, the Netra X1 refuses to recognize
it.  In other words, the Netra *requires* that the CDROM be an IDE
master.

I notice that both activity lights on the network interfaces flash
when the driver is loaded.  Is this expected behavior?  The flashing
stops when I insert a network cable connected to a hub/switch.

At this point, I'm out of ideas.  Thanks for the help.