Re: Which is best distro for Ultra 10

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 08:31:37PM -0700, Amit Mehra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Few questions to the linux users who have worked on Sun Ultra 10
>
> I have a Sun Ultra10 workstation(UltraSPARC-IIi 300MHz, 256 MB RAM) and
> plan
> to port a HPUX 10.20 based system on this machine using Linux. My
> questions are:

You want to do what with what? What does HPUX have to do with a Sun
Ultra?

> 2.What Linux distro should I use?

If you've ever used Linux on an Intel system, use the same dist for your
Ultra10. You'll feel more confortable with what you already know.

There really isn't a "best dist" for "architecture foo". Linux is Linux,
it's all in what dist you are used to using.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/