Re: Hello, New to this listing.

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 05:36:24PM -0400, Rhonda R. Wilson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to this listing and wanted to make sure that I am in the right
> place.
>
> My son and I have decided to learn the Linux OS so that we can get off
> Microsoft OS and have a mutual project between us.  We have a Sun Ultra5 w/
> Sparc processor and at the moment it has Solaris 8 installed, but I plan on
> putting Debian Linux as the only OS.  Our knowledge of Unix is minimal,
> Linux is non existant, and this is our first experience with any Sun
> equipment.
>
> After reading the postings for several weeks now it appears that most in the
> list may be quite a bit more advanced than we are and we just wanted to make
> sure that our postings were appropriate for the group.
>
> Is this the right spot?

The reason there are experienced users here is so that we can answer
questions for nice folks like you who don't know :)

As long as you read the docs, you should be ok. If the docs don't answer
your question, maybe google can. The list is certainly a good place if
you can't find the answer yourself.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/