Re: Kernel 2.4.20 and IPv6 ICMP on Sparc32/64 bomb

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:05:15AM +0200, Peter Keel wrote:
> ping6 on an IPv6-enabled Sparc32 or Sparc64 on Kernel 2.4.20
> bombs really nasty. Machine halts instantly. No matter what patches.

You're using ping6 from iputils-ping?  I maintain that package, and use
it on a number of sparc systems.  I do quite a bit of IPv6 stuff on
these machines, using one as a tunnel gateway and another as a
dual-stack web server.  Never have I seen any crashes related to IPv6 or
ICMPv6 or ping6 or any related code.

If you want, I can send you an image of one of the kernels that I use on
my Ultra1s.  I *know* they do IPv6.  It would be interesting to see if
they have problems on your machines.

noah