Re: Custom tftpboot images

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 16:10, Irvin Probst wrote:
> Hi,
> As I finally decided to switch back one of my U1 from OpenBSD[1] to
> Linux, I'm currently building my own tftpboot.img. I'm doing this
> because I want to try XFS support with sun4u computers

Good news: The sparc Debian installer works fine with a XFS root file
system, the sunhme.c patch included in 2.4.19 works too.
Bas news: XFS is absolutely unusable with a sparc system, it does not
survive to a hard power off, the kernel stops at "Starting XFS recovery
on filesystem" and seats there forever.
Conclusion: Use ext3, Luke.
--
Irvin -I really need to sleep- Probst