Error with nfs-root install

Hi all,

I've gotten a bit further with installing debian.  It looked like the
last install I did hadn't completed like I thought it had.  I tried
again but now I get a different error.  To recap, this is a sparc
classic with no disk/floppy/cdrom.  It's nfs-root, installed over the
internet.  This is the error I get:

        x Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-depends  x
        x --install                                                   x
        x /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_3.0.2_sparc.deb          x
        x /var/cache/apt/archives/base-passwd_3.4.1_sparc.deb         x

And then:

        x debootstrap exited with an error (return value 1)           x

/target/tmp/debootstrap.log contains a single line:

dpkg: unable to lock dpkg status database: No locks available

Can anyone provide any help?

Cheers,

Bob

--