Re: Unidentified subject!

just enter "1/boot/sparc64" to boot /boot/sparc64 from the first partition. Afterwards edit your silo.conf.

Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>

kfredenb@dc.turkuamk.fi wrote:
Hi,

I have the NONUS Debain 3 Sparc CD available and a sun4u (Ultra 5/10) machine. When I try to boot from the cd and begin the installation everyting works fine with SILO. When I press ENTER at the boot: prompt I get the following error: Cannot find /boot/sparc64.gz. I checked the cd and noticed that there is only a sparc64 file and not a sparc64.gz file. Accordning to the SILO file the sparc64 is supposed to be used for rescue. What am I doing wrong?

thanks Kim

|     Daniel van Eeden <daniel_e@dds.nl>      |
| icq: 36952189                               |
| aim: Compukid128                            |
| jabber: compukid@compukid.no-ip.org         |
| msn: daniel_e@dds.nl                        |
| phone: +31 343 522622                       |
| http://compukid.no-ip.org/about_me.html     |