Re: Floppy Install Problem on SS10

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 04:15:45PM +0100, Erwan MAS <erwan@mas.nom.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:19:46PM +0000, Gary Parker wrote:
> | Hi Guys (and Gals)...
> | 	I'm having some problems installing debian 3.0 onto an SS10 (128Mb
> | RAM, 2xSM51, 4Gb HDD, Quad Ethernet card, SunGX). I don't have a Sun
> | keyboard or monitor so all interaction with the system is via my laptop on
> | the serial port.
> | [../..]
> | Cheers in advance for any advice given...
>
> Hello ,
>
> when you have lilo prompt , you must specify to linux
> where is the linux console .
>
> In first time you must specify
> silo: linux console=ttya

Your SPARC should automatically use the serial console for i/o since
there is no keyboard.

This behaviour is propably a bug in the debian installation system,
maybe it is restricted to installation by floppy disc only.
We had this discussion already: After using Ben Collins' CD-Image, this
issue has been solved for me (see the debian archives for details on
this).