Re: Sparcstation: IPX, 4, ELC and 10 Base T

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 10:49:23AM -0600, Dan wrote:
> I have begun an eclectic debian GNU/Linux network.
> The IPX has no ram installed, can I use ram out of a pentium 80?
> My children love the cat enscribed on the board. It cam with a brand new
> Type 5c keyboard, and two three button mice.

I have one of these, but haven't played with it for a while. But as far
as I can remember, manual intervention is required to boot unless at
least the 'first' SIMM is parity, either 33-bit SUN or 36-bit 'real'.
As far as Linux is concerned, there seems to be no trouble using 32-bit
SIMMs after the first module. ;)

If I remember right, a 'macintosh serial printer cable' makes a decent
serial console cable if you need it.