Re: Problem installing 3.0 on Ultra5...

Dear Gordon,

I think the problem with the UK keyboard is not debian - specific. I own a ultra sparc 5 too with a uk keyboard. Even with SuSE 7.3 the system freezes as soon as the UK keyboard is selected. So I think you have to live with the fact that you install it as a US-keyboard. It's the fastest way. I don't see this as an disadvantage since my other keyboards are also US and I like to type "blind" (<- dutch expression ;) ).

grtz Asim

Gordon Henderson wrote:

In-Case anyones interested, it still doesn't work.

But I was able to manually patch up the system, install the correct
inittab then run deselect to get the base packages, etc. all installed,
then I've compiled and installed a new kernel, but it still stops
absolutely dead as a dodo when I try to run /usr/sbin/base-config. I've
not installed any of the X packages yet.

Can anyonone tell me the rune to tell it it's got a UK keyboard, and GMT
time zone? I guess I've just taken all that for granted using base-config
as Debian boots for the first time all these years...

Has anyone actually managed to get it working "correctly" on an Ultra 5?

Gordon