ext3 root partitions bad?

Hello,

It's my understanding that SILO cannot handle a dirty ext3 root
partition as it really only understands ext2.  Is this correct?  If
so, I think the sparc install docs should mention that at least your
root should be ext2; ext3 (or some other fs) is ok for the rest of
your partitions.

  We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The question which
  divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of
  being correct.  My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.
          -- Niels Bohr