From: Luca Zampetti [mailto:zampetti@bellsouth.net]
Sent: 04 January 2003 23:58
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Cc: d.love@dl.ac.uk
Subject: Fw: Internet with Debian & Cayman 3220 router slower than with
Windows & 56K modem

It is a real pain  .... there is a program for setting the pppoe
connection that shows up in some kde menu, running it leads the OS to
discover it has a eth0 (which it already knows) and to nothing else
because apparently the interface is already in use by some connection
(wonder which one, I have only one ...) ... ifconfig does not help
either ...

Why does the OS overwrite the resolv.conf file with the settings it
"invented" automatically during the installation instead of accepting my
ISP provider IP address for the DNS server?

Lou