RE: Mail Server?

Some good points made. But what's wrong with source. I have a few little
apps I like to run, ok its on my intel laptop <tut>, but there are no
.debs for them. I have an area under /usr/local/src that I use to keep
tabs on what s/w I use that isnt .debs.

Then again, I suppose if your looking after a set of servers then you
would want to have the easy upgrade path etc... Hmmm, maybe I should
have put more thought into this reply. :-)

Anyway, source isnt as bad as it seems. Honest.

Simon

Managability as you pointed out. What irritating is that tar.gz's and source
is the minority, rpms the norm, redhat rpms wont generally install on a
debian system and work....

Im being forced to run Red Hat, when I'd rather not.

regards,

Steven