--------------
Architecture: sparc (sun4m)
Debian GNU Linux 3.0 (woody)
Kernel: 2.4.18
Apache: 1.3.24 (apache 1.3.24-3)
PHP: 4.1.2 (php4 4.1.2-4)

Problem:
--------
Session handling in PHP doesnt seem to work (with cookies at least).

More specifically, session_register - session_is_registered doesn't
work for global variables even with "register_globals = on" in the
php.ini.

The set.php - get.php scripts below works just fine om my Debian
GNU/Linux 3.0, kernel 2.4.18 on i386, but doesnt work on my Debian
GNU/Linux 3.0, kernel 2.4.18 on sparc.

Both machines runs Apache 1.3.24 and PHP 4.1.2 and got identical php.ini
files.

The scripts:
--- set.php ---------------------------------------------
<?php
@session_destroy();
$cookie_params = session_get_cookie_params();
setcookie(session_name());
session_start();
$globvar= true;
session_register ('globvar');
print '<A HREF="get.php">get.php</A>';
?>

--- get.php ---------------------------------------------
<?php
session_start();
if(session_is_registered('globvar')) {
        print 'ok';
} else {
        print 'failed';
}
?>

On the i386 i get 'ok' but on the sparc 'failed' ... :-(

This makes it impossible to use for instance SquirrelMail
... :-(

Anybody had the same problem or got any suggestion?

brgds,
/frax