Re: Problem with recv(), affecting syslogd

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 04:55:25PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
First of all, thanks for your quick reply :)

> > Has anyone an idea what might be the cause of this?
> > It does not happen with 2.2.20, but it happens with the 2.4.18 package,
>
> a) Don't use gcc-3.0 to build kernels. Use egcs64.

egcs64 breaks raid1, it works with gcc-3.0, thats why I used it. What
about gcc-3.1? I've seen the packages in unstable but building 64bit
kernels won't work.

As I said, It happend with the 2.4.18 package in woody as well.

> c) I suspect this is local to your system. If it was occuring on sparc
> in general, there would be mucho problems with other people, and I've
> not heard of any such problems.

I was thinking of hardware related problems too, but I found strange
that it only happens to syslog and everything else (seems to?) work
fine.

Maybe I'll try another workload an see what happens. Are there programs
like memtest86 for sparc?

	Christoph