Re: [OT] Echelon keywords (was Re: kernel 2.4.18 and 2.4.19 for sparc)

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:35:31AM +1000, Ian Tester wrote:
> [offtopic]
> Last week I saw an interesting documentary on TV from the UK about the NSA and
> Echelon, among other things. They touched on this effort to overload it with
> keywords in email. An expert said that echelon would quickly adapt and not be
> affected. Do you really believe the US would spend uncountable millions on a
> surveillance network that could be bogged down with a simple handful of
> keywords? You're deluding yourself and annoying me, probably others too.
> I'd prefer it if you removed these keywords before posting to this list.

Continuing with the off-topic conversation, I doubt anyone playing
terrorist games would be sending unencrypted e-mails. With PGP available
to the masses (no matter where they are) today I'd think terrorists
would be using encryption for their evil plans.

Eloy.-