Re: btw hi

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:50:28AM -0400, Michael Mueller wrote:
> On Thursday 30 May 2002 01:47, Mute reputedly wrote:
> > Forgot to introduce myself earlier... not much to say, I'm just some
> > working chump working on linux things 90% of the time.
>
> Lucky chump.  I've been off-layed for 13 months now.  I just started hacking
> Debian sparc.  THis is my first time with sparc and Debian.  THings are
> running very nicely.  I'm porting an i386 app to sparc.
>
> Anybody have recommendations on how to learn interrupt handling and device
> driving in sparc-land?

The kernel interfaces make them no different than i386. Main thing is to
be sure not to use virt_to_bus/bus_to_virt for driver mapped memory. Use
the PCI DMA functions instead (Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt in the
kernel tree).

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/