Re: sun4 status

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info.  When I tftp boot the kernel image, I get:

Bus Error at Virtual address 0xFFECC01E (Physical address 0xFF20401E)
with PC 0xFFE82D38.  Page Table entry is marked INVALID.  Type 2.

This is with a 2.4.19-pre7 kernel so I guess there are problems with the
kernel.

I would think userspace would be the same as sparc32. Only the kernel and
boot image would be different.

I don't need to use this machine for anything useful.  I am developing
a vme bus driver for the SS600MP and I thought I would also try the
board drivers on a sun4 because they would be more useful there (and
also sun3 but I don't have any hardware).  If sun4 is real broken, then I'm
not
that interested in porting the drivers to it.

Thanks,

Bob.