Re: sun4 status

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 12:48:20PM -0400, Robert Reif wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a sun4/300 series machine that I would like use
> so I'm asking about the possibility of a sun4 port.
>
> I can compile a sun4 kernel on my sun4m system but
> it doesn't look like silo/tilo supports sun4.  Is this the only
> obstacle to sun4 support or are there other issues.  If not,
> can someone help me in getting sun4 support working?

You should be able to use the resulting image for tftp booting the sun4.
The problem problem you will have is acceptable userspace. I don't know
of any userspace for sun4. I don't think there's enough people
interested to get it going. I would certainly not like to see Debian use
up 3-4gigs on the mirrors for a sun4 port.

I think you are all on your own for this one. That's ok though, because
building a system from scratch is the greatest way to learn :)

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/