setting monitor resolution at boot

Hi all,
	I'm experiencing a problem with a U10: by default it boots  at a
resolution of 1152x900 (which means that I can't see anything with a "standard"
15' monitor).

I've modified this value at prom prompt with the command:
	setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x75

When the machine rebooted, I was able to see with printenv that this parameter
was in fact modified, but nothing was changed: from the shell prompt fbset
showed me that the resolution  was still setted at 1152x900...
Can someone explain why this happens and where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance,
	Davide Bernini