Base install of Woody "DNS Server" wants too much

Today I reinstalled my Sparc Classic beginning with the Woody tftp
boot image. After I took my Linksys firewall out of the loop (it was
answering the netboot rarp request instead of my tftp server) all went
well.

Then, after reboot, during base config, I chose that my machine was to
be a "DNS Server". I skipped doing any finer selection. But that's
when it got weird.

It wanted to install a load of packages, none of which seemed to make
sense, such as libc6-sparc64 and both gcc-2.95 *and* gcc-3.0.

Why would a configuration for a dns server want a development
environment, never mind two of them and runtime libraries for a
different architecture?

--
{michael}