Re: boot-floppies 3.0.21 for testing

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 07:48:13PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> Why both with nfs when the tftpboot.img has all you need? Just required
> tftp+rarp.
>
> As for the nfs options, I'll get them fixed in the next kernel upload.

I wasn't able to get the tftpboot.img to work on my SS2 or SS20, but can't
find my notes to indicate exactly what errored.  If memory serves, it was
something to do with the TILO prompt, or problems at around that point.

If that works, it definitely sounds preferable.  On the other hand, I
don't see it worthwhile to prohibit the nfsroot method unless there's a
problem with nfsroot and sun4u specifically.

I'll keep an eye out for the new upload and will test it at that point.
In the meanwhile, if I have time, I'll retest tftpboot.img on the
architectures I have access to.

Dave

--

- Dave Baker  :  dave@dsb3.com  :  dave@devbrain.com  :  http://dsb3.com/ -
GnuPG:  1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708  B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D