Re: Segmentation fault for man-db _2.3.20-12 on woody

[cc's trimmed a bit]

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:34:15AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 03:55:02PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > All I do is dbopen(filename, O_RDWR, mode, DB_BTREE, &b) - or O_RDONLY
> > or whatever's appropriate - where b is a BTREEINFO structure as follows:
>
> Well, to be honest, you have a better approach. Man-db uses only the
> db185 routines. So instead of linking to -ldb2 and using backward compat
> routines, do this:
>
> #define BDB_H db1/db.h
>
> LIBS=-ldb1
>
> No reason to use an abstracted routine when libc6 includes libdb1
> anyway.

Whee. Will that stay there for the foreseeable future? Are the on-disk
formats compatible, or do I need to nuke existing databases when
switching to this in woody+1 (which is OK, they're just caches, but user
databases need to be taken into consideration)?

There isn't much of use in the changelog about why Fabrizio chose to
link against libdb2 in the first place.