AW: SS20 2.4 SMP, irregular boot freezes and swapon segfaults

Hi all,

on my ss10 (2 ross 142MHz / 1024 cache / 128MB)
a 2.4.18-smp from kernel.org and some 2.4-kernels form SuSE
crash the same way like yours. sometimes after startig init,
sometimes on initializing ram and so on.
If it starts to the prompt, it is much slower then 2.2.20-smp
and it shows only ~100 Bogomips per cpu vs. 143 Bogomips in 2.2.20-smp

This all seem to be compiler/bintools dependend (gcc 2.95 vs. egcs32)
and some People say, the 2.4.18 and up may be stable on not-ROSS-cpu's
and without smp.

IMHO it is a Problem nearby the Ross MMU or in managing the CPU-Cache.
Can someone post assembler language docu for Ross cpu's to my Adress?
I'll try to hunt the Bug but there is rare docu on the Web.

Thank you
Rolf