RE: SS20 2.4 SMP, irregular boot freezes and swapon segfaults

Any fix they applied or it is still unknown?

I would tend to discard hardware issues: I have no such problem in
Uniprocessor, so it should not be a memory problem. I swapped the CPU's in
their slots, and have the same problem in SMP, same great working system in
UP.

> Personally, I didn't have any trouble with my SMP SS10 back in August
> when I was at home able to test out 2.4 on it.  Some people seem to be
> running SMP fine on their SS10s and SS20s.

hmm... interesting... Could this be an OpenPROM version issue? I have the
2.25R, needed by my 2 Ross CPU's.

> > Another problem I have is with swapon under 2.4 kernel. It
> segfaults... swap
> > looks finely there as far as I know though.
> >
> > swapoff seems fine and happy. swapon segfaults.... During
> startup or manual
> > command.
> >
> > Any known issue on that?
>
> Known problem, but there are higher priority things to be fixed.  The
> swap still gets activated, so it's not that big of a deal.

Agreed, just unsightly if swap is there.

Is there any list of know problems? or FAQ?

Thanks!!

Nico