Re: Problems with X

Heberto del Rio wrote:
Hi,

This is the first time that I install Linux on a Sun. After some research I have chosen Debian, so far everything went fine. Although when I tryed to setup XFree86 is when the problems started.

I checked /var/log/messages and discovered that the video card of my system (UltraSparc 60) was a Creator 3D (fb0: Creator 3D at ....) to be sure I did 'cat' on /proc/fb and it returned
0 Creator

After reading on the documentation I decided to use sunffb as the driver but, I didn't know what to put as the video card's bus identifier so I left it blank and this is the content of /var/log XFree86.0.log after running startx (of course X is not running)

Can you help me to find out why X is not running? Am I doing something wrong (I am sure of this, but don't know what)

    Heberto

 (II) UnloadModule: "mfb"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libmfb.a
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

To see, what configuration you have, might be helpful. Could you attach relevant part of your XF86Config file?

                  mARTin

--
Martin Rusko
PhD student