Re: use of /usr/lib/vN

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > Supported by what?  Is there documentation?
>
> By libc's ld.so as a hwcap.

Afraid I can't find out what that means -- at least without source
grovelling.  (I assume `ld.so' should be `ld-linux.so'.)

> Did you rerun ldconfig?

Yes.  It appears (from `ldconfig -v') to search /usr/X11R6/lib64,
/lib64, /usr/lib64, /usr/lib/v9, /usr/lib/v964, but nothing
v8-related.  I'm running libc6 from testing, and unstable's has the
same major version, so I assume it's not radically different.

> And yes, report this as a bug on libssl.

I don't think I have anything useful to say yet.

However, there appears to be a doc omission bug somewhere about this
architecture-dependent stuff, but then I don't know what to report
about that either.

[The libssl business, at least, is a significant issue for those of us
with old hardware to which we want to ssh.]