Re: Network Issues w/ Ultra 10

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 09:28, Loic Jaouen wrote:
> is ssh your ultimate test case?

Well, ssh is important to me since I use it frequently to administer
this machine, which sits in a closet most of the time.

Fortunately, I was able to upgrade the packages on the box today, and
the time issue has gone down considerably.  Where it used to take around
30 seconds to get a password prompt, it now takes 9, which seems
perfectly acceptable to me.

> Then for nfs... well, how is the performance of the disc locally?
> If it is really nfs that causes such kind of problems, you can
> still try to tune it with rsize,wsize,actimeo.

The disk performance has been pretty good (hdparm is reporting 14.5
MB/sec).  Once I get the box home tonight, I'll plug it in and do some
testing of NFS.  Hopefully everything'll be ok and I won't have to do
any tuning.

Brian