ACL2 autobuild failure

Greetings!  I can successfully build version -11 of this package on
all three of these arches, yet the autobuild has failed.  In the sparc
case, it appears as if the 'sbuild race' or some such failure has
struck again, in which files produced by the build are erased
prematurely.  On the other two, I'm suspecting something with the
fakeroot or equivalent.  Especially on ia64, I've verified that I can
build only as a normal user, not using fakeroot.  The tests fail with
symptoms of memory corruption or illegal instructions.

Any advice most appreciated!

Take care,