Iptables mangle set-mark x iproute2 fwmark rule

Hello,
     I'm try to use iptables with --set-mark on mangle table to mark
packets and iproute2 rules to "see" the mark and route this packet,
but it is don´t work. I know that counters of rules of the iptables
don´t work, the --set-mark too? I know that problem is iptables,
because I put trace on kernel module and the fwmark is always zero
and the same trace on Intel is correct. I have Debian 3.0 on Sparc
280R, kernel version 2.4.19 and iptables-1.2.7a.
The rules:
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -j MARK --set-mark 0x1
ip rule add fwmark 0x1 lookup 2 prio 1

Thanks, João