Re: Install on Ultra 10

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 01:23  AM, Adam Gomes wrote:

writing SI (from SILO) on the screen.

I get the same results when I try to boot from a woody boot floppy.

Both machines have OpenBoot version 3.19.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Did you "reformat" the drives BUT forget to leave a valid SunOS boot label on "all" disk (even the ones you never plan on booting from?

My Ultra 10 is running Woody, I would suggest starting over with Woody 3.0 for the SPARC; I contributed a substantial portion of the documentation a month ago concerning OpenBoot and what not -- a lot of it covers issues like OB security and what not;

HTH;
-Sx-  http://insecurity.org/
"Well, in general, the thing I don't like about other
computer languages is that they're not Perl." -Larry Wall