Re: Adding new ethernet card to Sun20
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Adding new ethernet card to Sun20
- From: "todd.sarratt" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:15:56 -0800
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20021031044500.GT1521@phunnypharm.org>
ifconfig -a does not show an eth2.
dmesg shows some of this :
eth0: Carrier Lost, trying TPE
Which is fine, it comes up on the TPE. No other eth messages.
I get this in the OBP :
sbus-probe-list fe0123 fe0123
I don't seem to have much luck with the following :
I also cannot find drivers for a single port FastEthernet card. Any more
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Collins" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "todd.sarratt" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: Adding new ethernet card to Sun20
> > I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious. What is it?
> Sounds to me like it is not being probed by a proper driver. Try doing:
> ifconfig -a
> If you don't see eth2, it isn't initialized by the kernel.
> Try looking at "dmesg | less" for signs of a problem. Also, at the OBP
> prompt do "probe-sbus-all" to make sure it is being detected.
> Debian - http://www.debian.org/
> Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/
> Subversion - http://subversion.tigris.org/
> Deqo - http://www.deqo.com/