Re: Success installing on a Sun Fire 280R was Re: Problems installing Linux in Ultra Sparc III SunFire 280R

I appoligize I wasn't very clear. I have been following the sparc list. I am just trying to
figure out where our setups differ.

Ok. I'll try to give you more details.

maybe my problem is in my tftp setup/files then.
When I do try to do a console 'boot net' I get up to:

booting Linux...

then it freezes.

right now the DHCP server is assigning 192.168.1.200 as the IP of the SunFire
(Hex= C0A801C8 )

so C0A801C8 is softlinked to the tftpboot.img file (I've also tried the tftpboot-small.img)
both files start to boot linux, however they both freeze too. :(

I'm going to try to re-download the sun4u directory again, and I'll try again.

I don't think the problem is with the image though.
I didn't use a DHCP server. I did all the configuration through
TFTP, ARP and RARP on a x86 Linux box. Even with the PGX64
plugged I was able to boot. The error ocurred in a later phase.
My method was to compare my machine configuration with others.
Have you checked against the config I posted? Maybe there are
some different component or OpenBoot parameter.

Eduardo Castro
CPqD Telecom & IT Solutions
http://www.cpqd.com.br