Re: md (raid1) problem on sparc Ultra1

Hi,

"Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> writes:

> Here I have a Ultra1 with 4 disks. On two of them I built a raid1.
> Whenever I reboot after that disks are in sync, a data access
> exception is issued on mounting/fscking. I'm using an ext3 fs on
> /dev/md0.  The problem disappears when disks are not in sync - such
> as after that kind of failure. When disks complete their sync
> operation the raid array works until next reboot.

I suggest you take a look at the threads that followed these two
posts:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg01104.html
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sparc&m=101787848529094&w=2

I've made a small patch that disables the read balancing.  It will
probably impact your read performance, but it makes our Ultra1 with a
raid1 mailspool work without problems.  Let me know if you want it.
Another option is to compile the kernel with gcc3.  (Haven't had the
time to try that myself.)

Regards,
--
Kristoffer.