Re: /dev broken.... help to restore it?

> doh, was it too early in the morning for me??? sorry...
>
> But, I get an other. perhaps related issue,
Exactly, related to "rm /dev/tty*"

> INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> what might that be? and how could I then perhaps fix it?

the init process can't find the special devices needed to
call programm with id '6'. If you've got std /etc/inittab, that's
a "/sbin/getty 38400 tty6". Once you've restored your /dev, the
message will disappear.

Regards.

--
Davy Gigan
System & Network Administration      [Please no HTML, I'm not a browser]