Re: md (raid1) problem on sparc Ultra1

"Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> wrote:
> Here I have a Ultra1 with 4 disks. On two of them I built a raid1.
> Whenever I reboot after that disks are in sync, a data access exception
> is issued on mounting/fscking. I'm using an ext3 fs on /dev/md0.

I had a problem a while back with a raid0 array.  It turned out that the md
layer was apparently trashing the partition table (aka disk label).  I got
around the problem by accessing the disk directly as /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc,
etc., rather than /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1, etc.

You might want to try doing that if you can, but I can't make any
guarantees..

--
        Mike Hicks   [mailto:mhicks@csom.umn.edu]
   Unix Support Assistant    | Carlson School of Management