RE: E3000 installation problem (cont'd)

my less than useful contribution...

TOD (time of day) error message (as you discovered) is actually
irrelevant... the error in your case is being reported by one of your CMBs
(most likely a component residing on it such as CPU0 or whichever the OS is
booting from - usually the first one to show according to the probe sequence
during POST). Forget I/O boards.

I do not know much about linux, but there is a large number of conditions
that could give you MMU miss on that architecture (even  bootdisk read
problems) while it's loading the kernel... Make sure you run the extended
diags on the hardware first (which I always recommend on older or
home-assembled boxes by using the keyswitch to set it.  Power cycle while
monitoring POST through the serial port) just to verify your boot CPU module
is ok.

Cheers

Raoul Volpe
Phone (877) 44 SOL EX (Toll Free)
Phone +001 407 396-1341  (outside US)
Fax  +001 586 816 7086
raoul.volpe@solarisexpert.com
http://www.solarisexpert.com <http://www.solarisexpert.com/>

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Volpe;Raoul;;Mr.
FN:Raoul Volpe
ORG:SolariseXpert
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(877) 44 SOLEX
TEL;WORK;FAX:(586) 816-7086
ADR;WORK:;;8142 Fan Palm way;Kissimmee;FL;34747;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:8142 Fan Palm way=0D=0AKissimmee, FL 34747=0D=0AUnited States of America
URL;WORK:http://www.solarisexpert.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:raoul.volpe@solarisexpert.com
REV:20020406T120228Z
END:VCARD