Re: Enterprise 3000 installation problems

>> recently tried to install woody on my server here, and it didn't go too
>> well:
>> first it didn't find the kernel, but this you already know. secondly, it
>> failed to find the / (of the cdrom, I assume) so I had to pass
>> root=/dev/scd0 with the boot arguments. after that, it died with a
>> message about unable to open console, and finally could not find init.
>
> You don't pass "root=...", you pass
> "initrd=/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin"

Strange, the installation asked for 'pass a proper root=..', that was the
first error I got. I've never needed to pass along arguments at boot
before. That's why I thought something wasn't right in the configuration
for sparc64 or for larger systems on the CD.

Wbr
Andreas Loong