Re: kernel panic on boot

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 08:54:33AM +0100, John P. Looney mentioned:
>  However, on first boot, base-config was run, and immediately caused a
> (reproducable) kernel-panic.
>
>  I'm not quite sure what to do - this is a bog-standard Ultra10, that was
> happily running solaris until yesterday. It's crashing in install-keymap
> somewhere.

 Turns out during the install I had selected a type5 instead of a type6
keyboard.

 I booted into single user mode, and changed the /root/dbootstrap_settings
file to say I'd a type6 keyboard, and it stopped crashing.

 That's kinda a serious bug in the kernel, no ?

Kate