Re: Problem with added video card with Sun terminal and keyboard...

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 11:25:20AM +0200, Christian J?nsson wrote:
> I have a little problem here.
>
> I had a SS20 (sun4m) system running debian 3.0 on a serial
> terminal... Now I have just installed a TGX video card and hooked up a
> real terminal and keyboard but I do not get to the login prompt.
>
> Instead, when I push the 'Stop' button, I get a message like this:
>
> SysRq : HELP : loglevel0-8 reBoot tErm kIII saK showMem showPc unRaw
> showTasks Unmount
>
> but I get inte the server remotely...
>
> Now, I guess there's some reconfiguring to be done here... but where
> can I read about it or if ytou can pls tell me on the liset here what
> should I do?

Well, one thing is that you installed the system when using a serial
console, so you probably need to add back into /etc/inittab the gettys
for tty1-4 or 1-6 (I only configure four of them, myself).  OK, now the
STOP button is pretty weird.  Dunno exactly about that one.