Problem with added video card with Sun terminal and keyboard...

I have a little problem here.

I had a SS20 (sun4m) system running debian 3.0 on a serial
terminal... Now I have just installed a TGX video card and hooked up a
real terminal and keyboard but I do not get to the login prompt.

Instead, when I push the 'Stop' button, I get a message like this:

SysRq : HELP : loglevel0-8 reBoot tErm kIII saK showMem showPc unRaw
showTasks Unmount

but I get inte the server remotely...

Now, I guess there's some reconfiguring to be done here... but where
can I read about it or if ytou can pls tell me on the liset here what
should I do?

TIA,

/ChJ