Re: Compile libssl or make ssh not slow

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 10:39:19AM +0100, Roger Burton West wrote:
> Read the archives! Robert was entirely correct in his initial diagnosis:
> libssl is slower than it needs to be, through retaining compability with
> older architectures.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2002/debian-sparc-200203/msg00189.html

Thanks, that is just what I needed. In fact I had gotten as far as
finding the debian-sparc stanza in Configure myself. However that
line looked rather evil to me, with all the different gcc options.
Since I wasn't sure if it mattered where exactly on the line I'd put
the -mv8 flag, I turned to the lists.

I'll apt-get a new source tree and compile it later today.

By the way, I did search the archives but I never manage to find
information quickly in them. The search engine or its interface is
just not very friendly. Unfortunately using Google, the message you
refer to didn't come up in the first couple of hundred results.

Bob