Re: Sparc 10 install from CDROM

I was in the same boat and discovered a very surprising fix on my Sun4m
configuration, I do not guarantee it will work for Sparc10 systems:
At the OK prompt I tried "boot cdrom" 20-30 times with all three install disks
and got similar results to you. What finally worked made little sense, but it
worked. I changed the default boot command to "cdrom", and simply typed "boot". I
know, I know, this is "the same thing", but it worked the first time with the
cdrom as the default device. All I had to do was choose "s" for scsi when the
prompt came and I got the install screen instead of init errors. Of course, I did
have to take the cd out and reset the default to disk on reboot. I have a second
600LM and it reacted exactly the same way...

Good luck.

Terry Dabbs