Re: Woody installation boot trouble with Sun Blade 100

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:09:21PM -0500, Roy Bixler wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions to make this thing boot from the disk?

I finally got the system to boot, but almost by luck.  I looked at the
list of device aliases at the PROM prompt and decided to try booting
disk0.  Bingo - I got the SILO prompt!  I was misled into thinking
that disk1 was the correct specification for the boot device since
that's what Solaris 8 was using as installed.  After cleaning up my
SILO configuration a bit, it worked.  Hopefully this may help someone.

Regards,
Roy Bixler
rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu