Re: Of sparc installation by floppies

> 3) I saw some 'cannot create /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe: directory
> nonexistent' messages during the install - but fortunatly I didn't need
> any modules.

Wouldn't matter if you did. This just disabled kmod, which is not
enabled anyway on sparc.

> serial issues
> -------------
> When installing off network the paths in the progress boxes are too
> large for the box.
>
> On a serial terminal (minicom in konsole) I couldn't see any progress
> bar.
>
> I couldn't see a cursor or similar when selecting the locales I wanted
> to keep.

I've used minicom from a real console, and everything worked fine.
Sounds to me like you need to set your TERM var correctly, or fix
konsole.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/