Re: audio issue

According to the service manual, the U10 has 2 EIA standard 3.5mm output
jacks and 2 input jacks, with the cable tips assigned to left channel and
the ring assigned to right channel.  The manual labels them 'headphone,
line-out, line-in, and microphone,' but on my U10, they are not marked,
and I've never tried them.

The electrical specifications are shown on pages C-24 -- C-26 of the
"Ultra10 Service Manual" (Part # 805-7764-12); this manual is available in
pdf format for free download on Sun's web site.  Unfortunately, I do not
remember where on the site it is, but it is there (and, if you have an
Ultra10, it is well worth having).  With a little work it can be found.

No, I don't know why Sun's web site is so hard to find anything in.

That's not much help, I'm afraid, but maybe it is of some use.

Regards,
--
Ferris E. McCormick (P44646, MI) <mccormickf@acm.org>
Phone:	(h)   703-368-6723