Re: iptables limit module broken on sparc?

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Blars Blarson wrote:

> This works for me:
>
> # droplog
> iptables -N droplog
> iptables -A droplog -m limit --limit 3600/hour --limit-burst 20 -j LOG
> iptables -A droplog -j DROP
>
> The importent difference appears to be "-m limit" rather than "--match
> limit".

I just tried that (cut-and-pasted directly from your email), but it still
gives the 'Invalid argument' error.  (Oddly, if I insert a limit rule into
a chain with -I rather than appending with -A, it says 'Target problem'
instead.)

What architecture and kernel are you using (seeing that it works for you)?
(And which Debian distribution?)

--
Kevin McCarty                Physics Department
kmccarty@princeton.edu       Princeton University