Re: X on a sparc 10 - Creator 3D, Sony 21 - howto?

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 08:16:14AM -0400, Eduardo Mendes wrote:
> Hello
>
> Debian is now the sole OS on my sparc 10.  The installation process went fine
> despite a slow internet connection (thanks to all on the list again and
> again).
>
> Although the installation process went through all the settings for X, the
> only thing that came out was a blank screen (I didn't see the mouse pointer
> at all so I assume that X settings are completely wrong).  I tried to find a
> xsetup, xconfigurator and etc. but the only thing that came out was
> xf86config (which didn't help at all!). Ok, how can I sucessfully configure X
> for a sparc 10 with Creator 3D and Sony monitor, model GDM 501PT?

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

If you get a black screen, wait, and wait some more. It's possible that
you are using swap space to start X, and it could take time under those
circumstances.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/