Re: Debin on my Sparc 10 - 2nd question!

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 03:09:21PM -0400, Eduardo Mendes wrote:

> I have downloaded netinst.iso so as to install debian 3.0 on my sparc 10 but
> I don't remember how to force the sparc to boot using the cdrom.  Can I do
> that?

Woody install manual, section 5.2:
http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/sparc/ch-rescue-boot.en.html#s-install-cd

> Ps. I am planning to wipe out solaris and having only debian as OS.
> Can I do that?

It's always worked for me. In fact, I've not yet made a dual-boot
Sparc.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu